*Updated as of March 9, 2012 (Flow until the tournament)
There are two ways to participate, offline (FIWC 2012 Japan Qualifier) or online.
Participate and win at one of the Live Qualifying Round Event played in over 10 countries around the world (Australia, Brazil, Denmark, France, Italy, Japan, Poland, Russia, South Africa and England.
*No limitations on age or nationality.
*Participants under 18 years old need approval from their guardian.
*Participants are required to have passports as the champion will be going to the Grand Finalat Jumeirah Beach Hotel in Dubai from May 21-23, 2012.
Participate and rank in via the online qualifier played on PlayStation®3
1. Offline preliminary (FIWC 2012 Japan Qualifier)
FIWC 2012 Japan Qualifier tournament will be held in a knock-out style format with maximum of 64 players.
- 54 participants via online advance registration. (Participants will be selected by lottery if applications exceed over 54)
- 10 participants via tournament day registration. (Participants will be selected on a first-come first-served basis)
- Apply from this website in advance by entering the necessary items in the application form. (Participants will be selected by lottery if applicants exceed over 54)
- If you would like to apply on the day of the tournament, visit the tournament site. Applications will be accepted on a first-come first-served basis.
- The numbers of participants allocated for advance application and application on the day may change for each tournament site, according to the state of advance applications.
- If a participant does not show up at the reception desk of the site by a designated time, or when a participant is not present at the site at the time of his/her match, the person will be disqualified.
- When a participant who applied in advance does not show up and is disqualified on the day of the tournament, a person who applies that day will replace the person. The number of participants in a tournament may change according to the state of participation on the day.
Flow until the tournament
- Advance registration: February 23rd (Wed) ~ March 11th (Sun).
Announcement for advance registration will start from March 12th (Mon)~
*After the application deadline of March 11th (Sun), a lottery drawing will be conducted to select participants, and an email notice will be sent to the persons selected.
- Participant must confirm their participation by replying back within three days (72 hours) from receiving the email notice.
Participant who fail to reply back within the 3 day limit will be considered as forfeiting your slot and the next participant in line will be contacted.
- We will not email participants who were not selected.
To participate the tournament, you need to sign and agree to the “FIWC Participation Agreement”.
Please read the "FIWC Participation Agreement", sign and bring to the event.
FIWC Participation Agreement(PDF)
- Please bring your ID for age verification at the event.
- Participants are required to have passports as the Grand Final will take place at Jumeirah Beach Hotel in Dubai from May 21-23, 2012.
- Participants under 18 years old must be accompanied by an adult or need written consent from their guardian.
- The FIFA Interactive World Cup may be shown in FIFA.com, our website, TV, newspaper, magazine, other websites, etc., and participants may be asked to participate in events, for which your understanding is requested in advance.
- Regarding participation in an offline preliminary, the expenses for transportation to the site, lodging, food/drinks, etc. must be paid by the participants themselves.
- For the participants in the Grand Final, we will pay for the expenses for transportation to the site, lodging, food/drinks, etc.
- The tournament rules are subject to change without advance notice. If a change occurs, we will immediately notify participants of the change at the site on the day of the tournament.
- The tournament schedule is subject to change. If a change occurs, we will notify participants in advance by email.
- The number of participants and the tournament structure may change according to the state of participants on the day.
- In principle, no photography is allowed at each site.
- If you have any questions, contact our EA Customer Support.
FIWC 2012 Japan Qualifier Location
Venue：Roppongi Hills umu
Address：6-9-1 Roppongi,Minato Ward,Tokyo 106-8001
2. Online preliminary
Each online season kicks off at 09:00 (GMT) and finishes at 23:59 (GMT). The objective is to finish in the top two on the season's leader-board. The top two from each online season will secure tickets for the Grand Final.
Season1:2011 Dec. 1 - Dec. 31
Season2:2012 Jan. 5 - Jan. 25
Season3:2012 Feb. 1 - Feb. 25
Season4:2012 Mar. 1 - Mar. 25
Season5:2012 Apr. 1 - Apr. 25
Season6:2012 May 1 - May 18
Please note that the in-game FIWC option in EA SPORTS FIFA 12 is only available during the course of the six online seasons, the dates for which can be found under the 'Mode' tab in the 'How To Play' section.
All you need to take part in the FIWC12 is a PlayStation3®, a copy of EA SPORTS FIFA 12, an internet connection and an EA online account.
To set up an EA Online account
- In EA SPORTS FIFA 12, select 'Register with EA' from the main menu.
- Accept the terms and conditions.
- Read the information on data protection and confirm to continue the registration process.
- On the 'EA Online Account Creation' page, enter and submit your personal details.
- You are now registered with EA Online. Once you have registered successfully, you must complete the steps to register for the FIWC as outlined below.
- If you have already played EA SPORTS FIFA 12 online, you will already have an EA Online account and should follow the steps below:
Registered EA Online members
- On the main menu, select 'Online Game Modes'.
- Select 'FIFA Interactive World Cup' from the menu.
- On the registration page, enter your name and email address.
- Your details will be verified on the following page.
- Select your confederation/nationality.
- This will lead you to the FIFA Interactive World Cup Centre. Whenever you select this mode, this will be your start-up screen.